The Girls' Top Fictional Crushes

Public Domain Photo courtesy of George Hodan

In honor of Valentine's Day, the girls sat down and wrote out their top fictional crushes.


Aarika: Jayna, I think we should have a long talk about how my sex-capades are MY business and not yours. But, because I am a team player, I will share my literary fantasies with the world. Because I am the biggest team player. So, without further ado…who would I do? 


1: I am going to have my Queen get the first credit. I love Sarah J Maas, Queen Maas from here on out. Bow to our queen! Okay, enough fangirling. Our man Rowan from her Throne of Glass series. I do not know why I have a thing for guys who would not put up with any of my nonsense, but I do. My husband (Hi, I love you. Jayna told me this was my homework!) He literally puts up with none of Aelin’s shenanigans but trusts her to no end when she comes up with her chaotic plans. That is true love. So, I would have to ride that wave if I were her. But I am married so I would never. I married someone better than Rowan …. (Is this working, Lance? Are you mad at me?)


2: Okay, so this next one is from J.D. Robb. Yes, I do know that this is really Nora Roberts. But it is futuristic murder mysteries! With a bad boy turned … okay, he is still a bad boy. I did not say I had the best taste in men. Roarke. Come on down! (Lance, it is just a saying. I do not mean it. He can stay in New York. Honest.) He is super protective, has a bad boy streak, not afraid to commit multiple felonies for his girl. Like, what else could a girl want? And he keeps her filled with real, honest to god amazing coffee. Yes, Please!


3: So, there is this book, right? Shocking, I know. It is called Easy by Tammara Webber. It is cute. It does a little bit to your emotions. There is yet another bad boy who made me so happy that he lives in the author’s imagination so I could read him. He is a bad boy with a punkish look, tattoos, and a troubled past. He falls for a girl he saved from an attack at a party. He teaches herself defense and how to love after her almost assault. If that is not swoon worthy, I do not know what is. (Lance, I met him before I met you, it meant nothing!)


4: Okay, so I am stuck in my guilty romance pleasure books. There is one called Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. The boy has a tragic past. Commitment issues. Tattoos. Breaks the law AND rides a motorcycle. Honestly, when I read this book, I was basically dating a pathetic version of this boy. Yes, he is redeemed in the book. Yes, I still have a small spot for him. And yes, I did try to lowkey convince Lance to name our son, if it was a boy, after him. He did not go for it. 


Honestly, I could write the fifth one. But you are seeing a trend here? Because it is super awkward and oh, so obvious to me. When my husband reads this, the side eye I get will be so strong. He isn’t my type. But he is perfect for me.  


Public Domain Image Courtesy of 
Monica Stawowy

Jayna:
This is a tough question, because it can totally change depending on my mood. It's also easier for me to think in terms of guys I wouldn't want to be with. But in the spirit of Valentine's Day, what the heck? -- Wait -- They have to be in order?!

1: So, one of my first loves from literature was Theodore "Laurie" Laurence from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Laurie's friendliness won me over and the fact that I always considered myself a bit like Amy. (I wanted to be Jo, but I was definitely Amy.) Laurie appreciates the arts: plays, music, books; plus, he would take me to Paris.

2: Raymond Gibbins from Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I wanted to date him. He's sweet. He's fun. And even though he isn't the dashing and well-dressed type, I'd definitely go out with him. He'd listen to me talk about books, and he'd always be good for a beer when I needed to talk.

3: It's a toss up between Sirius Black and Professor Lupin from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I feel like personality wise, I would get into a lot of trouble with Sirius. Would it wreak havoc? Yes. Would it be fun? Yes. Worth it? Most likely. However, I'd be less likely to receive a DUI or whatever the wizard version of that is if I got with Lupin instead. I feel like he'd keep me out of trouble, and he'd be more okay with discussing literature for hours over mugs of butter beer.

4: Here's where I admit that I don't really have crushes from literature like "other people" (looking at Aarika). For me, the perfect guy would have the adventurous spirit of Huckleberry Finn, the flare of Anthony Lockwood (from the Lockwood & Co series by Jonathan Stroud), the adorably bookworm-y nature of Charlie from The Unlikely Espcape of Uriah Heep by H. G. Parry, the cockiness of Jack Dawkins (The Artful Dodger) from Oliver Twist, and the devotion of Jonathan Harker from Dracula by Bram Stoker.

Aarika's trend is bad boys. Mine is decidedly undecided. However, I will point out that I didn't marry either of these. I married Javert from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I'm not too upset about it.

We hope you all have a safe and happy Valentine's Day! But seriously, who would you add to the list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Soul Search by Reyna Favis

Author Spotlight: Maureen Morrissey

Book Review: Armored by Dawn F. Landry